Thursday, January 1, 2015

Spotlight: Sarah Janis



1. Where are you from? Bountiful, Utah

2. Are you working, in school, or both? Where/ what are you studying? I'm studying speech language pathology (working on my masters). I have a research job and a TA job.

3. How did you meet your husband, Ethan? We met on a study abroad in Jerusalem. We met in the airport and became really good friends during the study abroad all summer then started dating when we came back.

4. What is sometime unique about you? I've traveled a lot, and play the harp (don't have one here in Provo). *And we think she's exceptionally sweet and kind ;)

5. What is your favorite place you've traveled to or dreamed of traveling to and why? I love to travel and my favorite places I've been are Israel and India. India because the people are really nice, loving, and open. They're also grateful for what they do have and can teach us that we can be happy no matter what our circumstances are. I spent two weeks there; one week I toured around and the second week I worked in leprosy colonies and a school there. Israel is another favorite because I was there long enough to get to know the place, and there is the religious connection, which is a testimony builder to me. I also traveled a lot with my family growing up and hope to continue to travel. 

6. What are your favorite hobbies? I love music, hiking, boating, skiing, and just outdoor activities in general.

7. What's your favorite dessert? Cheesecake or ice cream, can't decide.

8. What's your favorite holiday and why? Christmas because it's centered around Christ and there's a lot of focus on family and it's just a happy occasion in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment