Monday, October 27, 2014

Sarah Maxwell





1. Where are you from? What are your favorite things about where you're from?/What do you miss most?
I grew up in Lexington North Carolina. My favorite things about NC: my family, the trees/forest and how green everything is all the time, little rivers everywhere, curvy roads, the beach, the lack of snow on the ground, southern accents and complete strangers calling you sweet heart or ma'am, deep fried food. I miss everything about it but I mostly miss my family.

2.​ Tell us a little bit about your job. What are your favorite/least favorite things about it?
This is my second year teaching Kindergarten at Freedom Elementary in Highland Utah.  I LOVE my job.  I really enjoy being with the kids every day, they are just fun/funny little people.  I really enjoy seeing them grow.  They come in not knowing any of the letters in the alphabet and leave at the end of the year being able to read and write.  It is amazing what their little minds can soak up in 170 days.  I really enjoy being apart of that.  Also teaching a child to read is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done in my life. :)  It takes a lot of patience, strategy, and knowledge of reading patterns to get them started sometimes.  Even though it is hard I really enjoy the challenge.  My least favorite thing about my job would be that I am usually pretty tired when I come home in the evening.  Those little people suck a lot of energy out of me.  

3. How did you meet Nat? What is one of your favorite things about him?
I met Nat while I was serving a mission in Denver CO.  Yep, we are one of those ;) My favorite thing about Nat is his selflessness.  He is always thinking of others before himself and I probably benefit the most from that quality. haha  He is always serving me in small ways, where I lack greatly in that area of life.  I also really like his face :)

4. What is something unique about you?
I like to eat ranch on everything.  I don't know that one is a hard one.  haha

5. What is a favorite place you've traveled to and why OR where do you dream of going one day and why?
Egypt is probably the coolest place I have ever been.  Hieroglyphics are one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen.  It is amazing to look at them and think that people who lived thousands of years ago illustrated them and now all of these years later they still look amazing.  Especially in the valley of the Tombs, the Hieroglyphics there are beautiful. The pyramids are amazing and massive as well, and it is really hard to comprehend how big they are until you have been there.  


6. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
If you have ever been to my house you know I have an obsession with decorating.  Nat likes to call it my "arts and crafts projects" but I like to think of it as "home improvement projects". I also like to be outside as much as possible.  So I like to do anything that is outside of a building.  

No comments:

Post a Comment